The Friends of
St Alban’s Church Building, Tattenhall
Here at St Alban's, we are immensely proud of our lovely church.
A church has existed in Tattenhall since as early as 1300AD, with evidence showing that a church has been on this present site since the early sixteenth century. Although the church was rebuilt in 1869-70, the original tower still stands proud. The church is of a John Douglas design, a very prominent architect in Cheshire and is noted for its scale and proportion.
The present building mostly dates from the 1860s and is enjoyed not only by regular churchgoers but also by others; those who wish to use it for important occasions like weddings, baptisms and funerals, by local residents who want to preserve a part of their local heritage and by people who want a special setting for a music concert or other community event.
The Friends of St Alban’s Church Building is a charity, registered number 1119312, and is completely separate from the church; set up to collect funds for the repair, maintenance and improvement of St Alban’s Church building, fittings, ornaments and grounds.
There are seven trustees of The Friends of St. Alban's
Please feel free to contact any of us by phone or email if you require further information.
Rob Selby (Chair) - 01829 770586 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheila Chapman (Treasurer) - 01829 770960 - Sheila.Chapman31@hotmail.co.uk
David Ackroyd (Secretary) - 01829 773632 - email@example.com
Joanna Bauldreay - firstname.lastname@example.org
Viv Forshaw - 01829 770576 - email@example.com
George Richards - 01829 770482 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Thomson - 01829 770178 - email@example.com